Ricoh GR III
Without a doubt this camera was made for street photographers. It features: –
- Smallest ASPC camera available
- Fantastic sharp lens
- Has a fixed 28mm lens
- Features snap focus mode
- Small enough to fit in your pocket
- Ergonomic handling
This is most definitely the camera I would choose for my dedicated street photography.
If there is one camera designed and built JUST with the street photographer in mind, it’s the Ricoh GRiii. It’s now on it’s third iteration, and it is only getting better.
Optics are provided through Ricoh’s own very fast [fixed] 28mm f2.8. It is one of the smallest APS-C sensor cameras. At f2.8 the lens gives a nice wide view and fantastic focal plane.
Full press snap
What the hell is Full press snap? Well in simple terms the Ricoh GRIII can obtain focus just like any DSLR by half pressing the shutter release, however, if you set up full press snap the camera does something quite unique.
By depressing the shutter release button all the way, bypassing the half-press, it will set the automatically obtain focus and capture an image at any where from 1mtr, 1.5m, or 2m, (depending on your set-up). As far as I am aware, this feature is not available in any other camera.
In my honest opinion, I think the handling of this camera is one of the best. It lets you to alter settings on the fly. Due to the ergonomic design you can twist and turn your hand to get the shot without worrying if will slip out of your grip.
The Rich possesses amazing image quality due to the large 24MP APS-C sensor. The only thing to know about this camera is…it’s for dedicated street photographers only, or at least if you are used with the 28mm. So it’s for street photography, but what it does, it does VERY well.
- Accessories – it comes with an additional battery and Ricoh Soft Case (GC-9.) It also has a black and an amber ring to compliment the overall design.
- Full press snap – as discussed above it features full press snap via the Touch Screen.
- Customised shutdown screen- this is only available on this GR III Street Edition.
- Image quality – the images are captured through the large 24MP APS-C sensor, together with the GR lens and the new GR ENGINE 6. A combination that produces beautifully detailed
- mages across the entire sensitivity range, with superb colour reproduction.
- Pocket size street photography camera – it has a high-speed hybrid AF and a 0.8 second start-up in slim and compact body.
- Shake reduction: 4 step effective Camera shake is reduced for crisp images even when taking split-second snapshots
- 6cm Macro mode: Minimum focus distance of 6cm from the front of the lens
- Firmware updates – always keeping your firmware up to date will ensure you have the latest functions
What is included –
- Ricoh GC-9 Soft Case
- orange-yellow ring
- black ring GN-1BK
- 2 x battery DB-110
- USB adaptor
- AC-plug and USB cable
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”6″ display=”basic_thumbnail” thumbnail_crop=”0″]