Warning this Leica Q2 is expensive! At £4,500 this is not a casual purchase. However, as you can see it has a pretty impressive list of features.
The Leica Q2: –
- 47.3 MP full frame sensor
- Dust and spray water proof (IP52**)
- HighResOLED electronic viewfinder (3,68 megapixel)
- Fixed 28 mm fixed prime lens (Summilux 1:1,7/28 ASPH.)
- Fast Auto Focus (0,15s)
- 4K Video
- Bluetooth for easy connection with Leica FOTOS App
- ISO 50 – 50.000
- High-resolution Touchscreen
- Made in Germany
**Ingress Protection, class 52: Protected against dust in damaging quantities. Protected against dripping water when body is tilted at 15°.
Introducing the new Leica Q2
This camera a perfect symbiosis of the essentials for a stab at the title of best street photography camera. It is innovative, delivers pristine performance; provides connectivity; is resilient and elegant.
Drool over these essentials: –
- 47.3 megapixel full frame sensor!
- Extremely fast Summilux 28 mm f/1.7 ASPH. prime lens
- Fast autofocus
- Innovative OLED technology
- Timeless elegant design
This camera has a fixed 28mm lens, for dedicated street photographers. Leica is no stranger to street photography and a great many street photographers have used Leica cameras for their street photography. The Leica Q takes the Leica M camera and have stuck a fixed 28mm lens to it. Add to that a beautiful viewfinder and you have a photographic experience unlike any other.
This beautiful piece of kit is perfect for night street photography as well.